The CSA folks have said that produce is coming in fast and furious, ahead of schedule because of the intense heat. The lettuce is pretty much done, bolting in the heat, and the corn is a couple of weeks early. On the plus side, we did get some of that local lettuce, which is nice what with the current diarrhea parasite infesting bagged lettuce throughout the U.S. right now. (This is the dumbest timeline.)
We got: a huge head of romaine lettuce, cherries, sugar snap peas, apricots, two bunches of green onions, four zucchinis (sigh), three summer squashes (double sigh), rainbow carrots and two corns. I gave away a couple of zucchinis and squashes (seeing how we still had some from last week) and then shredded and froze 3.5 cups of additional zucchini. I shelled and froze the peas (I know you can eat the pods but I prefer shelled peas) and the carrots. And then we ate everything else fresh - it's too hot to cook.


No comments:
Post a Comment