Box #11? Already? I mean, I'm ready for summer to be over (way too long and hot) but I'd really like fall to last a long time. But box #11 means we're almost at the end. I didn't take a photo this week but this is what we got: a carton of raspberries (kind of squishy but still tasty), a small watermelon, a tomato, some plums (squishy, unfortunately), apples, two red onions, two lemon cucumbers, a couple of ears of corn, some tomatillos, jalapenos and some purple-skinned potatoes.
The corn, berries and melon were all eaten fresh; the watermelon was much better than the last one we got. I made the tomatillos, an onion and a couple of jalapenos into a chile verde-ish sauce that we ate with rice and beans. The potatoes got turned into baked potato chips (really good snacks for hiking since they're salty and carby). And I'm going to quick-pickle those weird little cucumbers, I guess, because I can't think of what else to do with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment