Monday, September 23, 2024

csa summer: eleventh box

 Summer is winding down - we're already at CSA box #11.  This one wasn't the most vibrantly colored but still had the good stuff: green beans; plums, nectarines, peaches, apples and a pear; spaghetti squash and a white acorn squash (so Milton-the-squash-eating-dog is stoked); kale; a couple of cucumbers; green bell peppers and a couple of pasilla peppers.  

Two kinds of squash!

We ate the green beans on the first night (long past their prime, I'm afraid).  All the peppers went into a gochujang noodle dish that we're fans of.  The kale went to a tofu scramble that is in our regular rotation.  The peaches I cooked down into a peach-ginger jam that I'll freeze for mid-winter oatmeal topping and the rest of the fruit got eaten as-is.  H is a big apple fan but I think my favorite fruits are stone fruits, like plums, peaches and nectarines.  They're just so summery.

No comments:

Post a Comment