Wednesday, July 7, 2010

pause to regroup

I realize things have gotten a little sparse around here.  It's not that I'm sick of posting; it's just that H has been working a lot (poor guy) and we haven't been able to rack up many new adventures to share with all y'all.  We are working to remedy that, never fear: upcoming hikes, my decision to explore those shave ice shacks, summer festivals ... it's all in the works.

In the meantime, I'm certainly no food photographer but check out this [slightly overexposed because of the flash (but better than the blurry shot with no flash)] photo of summertime in a bowl.  These little gems are compliments of my work friend, Susan from Vermont; her husband, known as "Farmer Bob," apparently has an epic backyard garden and these are the last strawberries of the season.  She tells me that the raspberries are on the verge now - I'd better make sure I tell her that I like those too.

Daiquiris, shortcake, cheesecake or just straight out of the bowl - such choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment