Thursday, January 6, 2011

maintaining the status quo

It's been a quiet week: back to work and no new snow since the last storm.  A nasty, cold inversion has stalled out over the Salt Lake Valley, which at least makes the sunrises and sunsets spectacular.  H and I celebrated our 1 year and 3 month move-iversary on Monday by - you guessed it - going to the Porcupine for dinner (my new favorite is their veggie stir fry, Szechuan-style, with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sprouts, baby corn, green beans and tofu over rice) and beer (Full Suspension, natch).  Other than that, nothing is new although I did manage to run on the treadmill at the gym for the first time since I strained my back in early December; I've been climbing to nowhere on the Stairmasters, which is like the most boringest thing ever, so it was actually a relief and a treat (!) to run on the treadmill.  We should have some decent posts out of this weekend, however: skiing, of course, and trying a new restaurant on Saturday for my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment