Sunday, September 4, 2011

1.11

Some days are mellow around here.  Saturday, September 3, was one such day.  H went for a road ride and I took myself hiking, going back up to Alta to do the Catherine's Pass loop H and I had done just a couple weekends ago.  The wildflowers were definitely past their prime, but it was still plenty colorful.  There were lots of folks up there too, holiday weekend and all, I guess, but not so many that they bothered the big ol' bull moose leisurely dining under the Cecret chairlift.

Alta moose enjoying a meal

After we'd gotten home and cleaned up from our respective outings, we went to the Porcupine for the 1 year-11 month anniversary of our arrival in Utah.  Yes, we're still counting, and yes, I cannot believe we've almost been here two years - where has the time gone?  A pitcher of Full Suspension pale ale, a Szechuan veggie stirfry (me) and a BBQ meatloaf with mashed potatoes (H) later, we were back at home, in for the evening early, just content to be mellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment