Wednesday, April 18, 2012

back down in the valley

When Sunday morning was grey and sort of rainy down at the house and overcast and in the low-ish 30s up at Alta, we decided to be fair weather skiers, figuring that the snow would have set up pretty good after the warmth the day before.  So we did valley stuff: I made banana pancakes from scratch (no Bisquick!); B and I did our 3.25 mile loop and only got sprinkled on a little bit; H did a 50 mile road ride up Emigration Canyon way and back; I went to a matinee.  When I got out of the movie, the skies had cleared and it was gorgeous (and unfortunately too late to head up to Alta), so the three of us took a walk in Dimple Dell - poor old B hasn't had that much exercise in one day in I don't know how long!  After that I did a little weeding before deeming it time for a beer.  It was a good enough Sunday although we certainly wished for another day on the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment