Friday, May 4, 2012

bowling is not my game

The night we went to the Wing Coop, we decided to get a little crazy and do something totally different: we went bowling.  There are lanes just at the other end of the shopping plaza from the wings place - Olympus Hills Bowling, at 4015 Wasatch Blvd.  This is a real dive, bowling alley-wise.  I don't think the decor - or the shoes - have been updated since the 1970s; it's all a little run down and beat-up - our lane (Lane 3) had a huge divot right at the edge where someone, at some time, slammed their ball down.  Still, neither H nor I are any sort of good bowlers so it suited us just fine.  Plus there's beer on tap (and slightly better beer in bottles).

Bowlarama!

We played three games and that was plenty.  I managed I think two strikes in total for the three games; apparently I swing wide on the wind up and release and that doesn't help much.  H did much better than I, bowling what he believes was his best game ever.

Did I mention that this is not my game?

There weren't too many people there when we started but by the time we left, all the lanes were full.  I think we'll search out a different bowling alley the next time the mood strikes us* - maybe candlepin, if I can find any - but if an evening of low key, low rent bowling is what you're after, Olympus Hills Bowling is right up your alley.**

* Get it?  A little bowling humor for you there.
** I did it again.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment