Thursday, December 3, 2015

more of the same

As much as I love skiing, by the time Sunday rolled around, bringing with it just an inch or two of new snow, cloudy skies and cold temperatures, I had had enough.  I can suck it up for a couple of days of quite cold (read: not getting above 15 F) skiing, but I just couldn't face it again.  I had found a couple of frostburned patches (never froze/got white but blistered a little later) on my cheeks, just below my goggles and my toes were still sensitive from having gotten so cold on Saturday.  I told H he was on his own for skiing.

I really like this shot, looking up the Collins liftline

While I puttered around the house, doing laundry and DVD yoga and generally tidying up, H put on his down parka and headed up to Alta.  He reported that it was more of the same of what we'd been skiing: very cold (6F at Wildcat base area), flat light, light flurries, snow firm and fast but improved slightly with the overnight inch, not particularly busy.  When he got home, he said that I definitely would have been cold if I'd gone with him.  I hate to miss out on a ski day but in all honesty it doesn't seem like I missed all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment