Monday, February 8, 2021

speedy (not speedy)

We figured the trails would be dry for MTBing on Sunday.  Since we'd driven the car - which has no trailer hitch (yet) down, we could only bring one MTB with us.  H was itching to ride while I wanted Milton to get another hike in, so it all worked out.  There were a few vehicles already at the MOAB Brand Trails parking lot when we rolled in but, as it would turn out, neither H nor I saw hardly any people out on the trails. 

West towards Seven Mile Canyon

H did our new regular route: the front side of Lazy-EZ to Rusty Spur to the back side of Lazy-EZ, to the L-E front side again, to Bar M and all the way around the long way.  Milton and I went up the cut-off (with M very concerned that H wasn't coming with us, until we got over the first hill and out of sight), right/south onto Bar M, then left/east onto Circle O, then left/south onto Bar M and right onto the cut-off back to the trailhead.  The plan was that if H didn't find us on the cut-off or Bar M, he'd go out backwards on Circle O until the gang was back together.

As it turned out, we three remet when M and I were more than halfway back on the cut-off.  H was surprised to see us, saying either he was slow or we were fast.  What we figured out was that M and I walked Circle O in the same time that it takes me to ride it on my MTB.  Since we were walking instead of riding, we were able to cut off some of the curves, plus I didn't have to keep stopping to hop off my bike to push it over obstacles.  To be honest, I'm a little appalled that my hike time = my ride time - but I've decided to own it.

Dog on the rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment