Saturday, April 10, 2010

first day of "summer"

Although we only just got past the first day of spring calendar-wise, I'm calling today the first day of summer.  Lawnmowers have been buzzing all afternoon around the neighborhood (note to self: must get lawnmower, the cheapest one available since the lawn is small).  H went for a bike ride today in a short-sleeved kit and reported 68 degrees from a bank sign (note to self: put up outdoors thermometer).  B and I did a little backyard clean-up - hard to know what's a plant and what's a weed in an early garden that's new to you - and then sat in the sun, drinking a PBR and reading the latest Stephen King book, Under the Dome.  And I'm a little pink now: should have put sunscreen on even though it was after 3:30 p.m. when I sat down.  The clouds have moved in now, dropping the temperature some, but I'm still saying that summer started today.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment