Monday, February 14, 2011

sweet deal

Since I'm constantly trying to figure out different clothing combinations to keep myself warm whilst skiing, H decided he wanted to get me a down vest for my birthday.  Winter gear is going on sale at REI right about now so we stopped into the store on 3300 South last Friday night to see what they had.  There were quite a few vests still in stock - both down and Primaloft; REI brand, Marmot, Patagonia - but of course the one that (1) fit the best and (2) was in a decent color was the $150 not-on-sale Patagonia one. 

There was no way I could stomach paying (or asking H to pay) $150 for a vest, so I said we'd just check the REI online clearance to see what was there ... but swung through the kids' department on the way out of the store.  So glad we did because I found a pink REI brand XL girls' down vest, regularly $60, marked down to $20.  (I can't always fit into XL kids' sizes but if they run a little large I can.  And do.)  Total score!

No comments:

Post a Comment