Thursday, October 6, 2011

first snow of the season

It's gone now, but it snowed a couple of inches down in the valley today and it stuck around for several hours.  That means we've had a grand total of 4 1/2 months without snow - the last snow was May 24th, I think - that's a heckuva long winter.  The mountains got a fair amount: Alta's current forecast is for a winter storm warning, temperatures hovering in the high 20s, with accumulations possible between 8-16 inches.  The ski resorts are getting psyched and Solitude has already announced its opening day for November 11, weather permitting.  That seems early!  It's going to warm up again next week, back up into the high 70s, but in the meantime, as I look out into the back garden, I think this early snowfall may have put an end to my tomatoes for this season.  That's okay.  They weren't producing much anyhow.  I can't believe ski season is just around the corner!
I think this is the end of the 2011 garden


No comments:

Post a Comment