Wednesday, July 11, 2018

can't complain

We got up a bit earlier on Saturday for MTBing than we've been doing recently because the northern Utah temperatures have shot right up to the HOT-HOT-HOT level.  Perhaps because I had to get moving sooner than I liked, I told H that I wasn't in the mood to make any decision about any of the trails we rode and that he had to pick everything. Of course, that went about as well as you might expect: when he decided that we should ride up a lot, including My Nemesis (Former), PorcUclimb and both sides of Rambler - up the Sweet Sixteen side as well as the Sagebrush Switchbacks side - I couldn't complain because I had abdicated my ability to give input.

Rounding a corner (not quickly)

I jest, really.  There wasn't anything to complain about.  I like to climb and was actually riding fairly well, even making it up one of the Sixteen corners that I often bail out on, as well as a couple of spots on the Sagebrush Switchbacks side that regularly give me trouble.  Even though it was warmer in Park City than it has been, there was still a light breeze keeping things stirring for the most part.

We did just over fifteen miles when H's chain started to make ominous grinding noises.  Rather than risk damaging his bike, we rode/coasted out, cleaned up at the truck and headed back to Salt Lake City to watch a World Cup game (Croatia vs. Russia) at A Bar Named Sue.  Croatia won, the beer was cold and the hand-cut fries were delicious.  Can't complain about any of that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment