Sunday, December 27, 2020

and sunday things

 Sunday was cloudy but not as cold.  H went up skiing again and reported that it wasn't quite as crowded either.  At 8:15, he was parked in the front row at Wildcat base, but all the way down at the far end of the parking lot, basically at the Peruvian.  This time he went straight to Supreme and did three runs there before it got busy: Challenger was a bad idea (rock hard and skied off), as was Upper Big Dipper; Three Bears is still full of rocks.  He gave the Ballroom a go as well, and regretted it as well too - none of this is surprising and fairly typical for early season skiing.  Although it doesn't seem all that early, does it, with Christmas just days away.

Wintry scene from Supreme

Down in the valley, Milton (who seems confused to have me home but not H and who alternately sleeps on our bed, ignoring me, or is my shadow and entirely underfoot) and I had our list of things to do.  After our walk, I cleaned two bathrooms, vacuumed and swiffered, did two loads of laundry.

I love baking (and am trying to get better at it)

 For more fun, I made a rustic loaf - olive oil bread - and chana masala for dinner.  Both recipes are again from Isa Does It because when we were down in Moab last weekend, I read that cookbook cover to cover and marked all the recipes I wanted to try.  Fair warning: you may be seeing a lot of food photos here this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment