Saturday, May 8, 2021

why, yes, this is a filler post

I didn't go crazy online shopping during this past pandemic year (because I'm cheap) but one of the few things I did buy was David Lebovitz's Drinking French.  It's wonderful, full of history and French cultural information, in addition to all the recipes, and I read it cover to cover.  I am taking my time buying different liquors (because I am cheap) so I haven't really tried too many recipes - other than the Boulevardier, which is LOVELY.  I did have about half a bottle of vodka and some strawberries in the freezer, however, so I mixed up a batch of strawberry cordial, infusing the booze with the berries and some sugar.  Because I used frozen strawberries, they leeched some water into the infusion, turning it a little thick when stored in the freezer.  Anyone who complains about delicious homemade boozy strawberry slushes can just show themselves out, though: look at that color!



No comments:

Post a Comment