Friday, November 13, 2009

week 1 - survived

I did it - made it through my first week of work at The New Job. Highlights: Day 1 consisted of being led around six floors and introduced to about 65 lawyers and 35 support staff, very few of whose names I actually retained. Day 2 - getting a crash course in the document management system and then saving approximately twenty documents in the completely wrong spot in said document management system. Day 3 was Free Doughnut and Bagel Day (doughnuts from Banbury Cross in SLC - mmmmmm). Day 4 brought lunch with four other paralegals at the Olive Bistro (my food was good enough - avocado, cheddar and roasted red pepper panino and a cup of tomato-basil soup - but my clothes smelled like the kitchen for the rest of the day). And today was Jeans Day.

Whew. Somebody beer me!

2 comments:

  1. For several years I was on a professional committee in my field that met monthly in SLC (I live in "Dixie"). Every one of those meetings featured Banbury Cross doughnuts - MMMMMMMMM! That was the only time I ever ate doughnuts, as there are NO good ones down here (shocking, given how sugar seems to be the drug of choice in this state). Miss the Banbury Cross fix - going to have to go on my own when in SLC in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ridiculous how much I now look forward to Wednesdays because of those doughnuts. I had a glazed yeast-risen one today.

    A new SLC/UT sugar thing I've learned: caramel apples coated with some sweet white candy and rolled in cinnamon sugar - they're all over the office this week. I pretend they're healthy because of the apple.

    ReplyDelete