Tuesday, December 22, 2009

holiday high spirits

At my new firm's Christmas party last week, we had: a long line at the open bar, which helped me identify Gentile* co-workers for possible future post-work imbibing; cowboy poetry recitations; a fairly saucy roasting** of two senior attorneys who are leaving the firm in 2010 for work for the LDS Church; "O Holy Night" sung by an honest-to-goodness member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir; and an Elvis impersonator*** singing "Blue Christmas" to a portable karaoke machine.

Who amongst you can top that?


* Out here, if you're not a Saint, you're a Gentile - even if you're Jewish.

** It was really quite funny but back on the more PC East coast, there's no way Human Resources would have let some of that stuff get through. Of course, when it's one of the name partners doing the jokes, I guess there's not that much HR can say about it.

*** One of the attorneys, if you can picture it.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot more fun than I would have guessed it would be. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was rather hilarious and not at all how I'd pictured it - I was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete