Monday, May 17, 2010

mo' momos, please

I was lucky enough to be the recipient of my work neighbor Jody's leftovers from lunch today: two beef momos from the new Everest Tibetan Restaurant, just down the street from our office.  Momos are Tibetan dumplings, like potstickers but with a fluffier dough, and these were stuffed with ground beef, onion and a few peas and carrots, and served with a very spicy, creamy dipping sauce.  I haven't been to this restaurant myself and hope it sticks around - apparently the building it occupies has been bad luck for the last few enterprises that have attempted to make a go of it - because those tender little momos were super-tasty.  I am a big dumpling fan in general and am quite pleased to have added these to my dining repertoire.  Perhaps sometime soon I'll get some momos to go-go and let H have a taste too ... if they can survive the homeward commute alone with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment