Thursday, December 16, 2010

o tannenbaum

Yes, Virginia, we did get a Christmas tree this year.  After scouting several places - and getting stickershock as the last time I paid for a tree it was a $25/cut your own, and the last time we actually had a tree, my father procured it for me and I know he didn't pay for it - we found a 6-footer for $40.  It's up, and decorated, and not dropping needles too badly (I'm even remembering to water it daily), and there are presents underneath. 


The lights are on but the flash overwhelmed them, I'm afraid.

B is a little concerned about, you know, having a TREE in the house. She gives it suspicious stares and walks a wide berth around it to get to the sofa. Just when she's used to it, we'll have to take it down. I wonder how one gets rid of a Christmas tree here in the suburbs - we used to could just drag it out back into the woods and let nature take its course. With only .25 acres, we don't so much have an "out back into the woods" anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment