Monday, April 18, 2011

homebodies

Discouraged by the conditions Saturday, we elected not to go skiing on Sunday when it was socked in and dark up in the canyon.  Instead, H went for a twenty mile bike ride and then updated our calendar on all the stuff going on around here (bike rides, hikes, concerts, brew fests, road races, etc.); I walked B, then went for my 3.5 mile loop-from-the-house run - uphill for the first half and downhill for the second ... and I didn't have to walk any of it! - then continued to work in the backyard, laying down more weedblock fabric and surrounding the beds I'd dug out with cobbles.  I finished with the stones and am almost done covering everything else with weedblock; now we just need a pickup truck load (or two) of gravel.  Oh, and then to plant stuff in those beds, of course.  But for now, back aching, I'm just pleased with the progress I've made. 

Of course, all this work in the backyard means I'm totally ignoring the flower beds in the front yard.  But I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment