Friday, April 8, 2011

new toys

Last Sunday convinced me: I needed powder skis.  The big ol' end of season mark-downs at Utah Ski and Golf (600 South 134 West, SLC) convinced me to get new ones: Rossignol S110 Ws.  They're wider and longer than my adorable little everyday Volkl Attivas, rockered fore and aft, quick to turn in the trees and chop and apparently ever so fabulous in deep powder.  And they're so pretty:

Oooooooooooh!

Alta's gotten 20 new inches in the last 24 hours and it's still snowing like the dickens up there.  Looks like I'll get the chance to take the Rossis for a ride tomorrow.  Which means the moment of truth: have my struggles in Utah's deep powder stemmed from the skis ... or the skier?  Stay tuned to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, totally girly! Altho' they're slightly less so now as I've got little pieces of duct tape with my initials written in sharpie on each ski - so I can know they're mine when they're on a ski rack with everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete