Friday, April 22, 2011

they can’t all be winners, i guess

H and I tried Rock Creek Pizza Co. not so long ago, located at 10255 South 1300 East, right next door to Royal India. They have eat-in, carry-out and take-home-and-bake-yourself options, a nice selection of specialty pizzas as well as the standard range of toppings, a few hot and cold sandwiches and a salad bar. What they don’t have is beer – which slims down the bill at the end of the night but which gave me sad because I like beer with my pizza. Also, I found the sauce a little sweet for my taste and their “large” pizzas would have qualified as “mediums” at Wasatch Pizza or Smoky Mountain. I’m not sure we’ll go back anytime soon but it’s good to keep trying new places!

3 comments:

  1. I tried the deep dish Chicago-style pizza at one of the local chains in the Valley last night. I LOVE their thin crust so I'd never tried the thick. It was actually quite good and stood up to the "cold the next morning" test. It wasn't quite as good as Uno's used to be in their prime, but still damn tasty. Even better is that they are opening a location much closer to our home very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like deep dish but H is a fan of thin crush/NYC style - which they definitely don't have anywhere out here. Wasatch Pizza is my favorite (now that the Cabin is so far away) - their sauce has so much oregano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oregano's is the name of said pizza place here. :)
    I'm a fan of good pizza, no matter what the crust. :)

    ReplyDelete