Saturday, June 18, 2011

la-cai noodle house

Last Saturday (I know, I'm behind, but we've got houseguests to entertain) we met some friends for dinner at La-Cai Noodle House (961 State St.).  Since our friends live in Davis County (north of SLC) and we live by Little Cottonwood Canyon (south of SLC), La-Cai seemed like a good place to meet in the middle.  I'd been there before for lunch as it isn't too far from my work, but H had never been.

La-Cai serves Chinese and Vietnamese food.  Our table shared appetizer orders of potstickers (small and rather well-done) and fresh (soft) wrapped spring rolls with peanut sauce.  Our friends had the rice with curry shrimp and a beef stir fry; we had the rare beef pho for me and a gorgeous spicy beef sate soup for H, who said it was very good although he had to add some srichacha sauce to up the spicy quotient.

I like their pho: huge bowls of clear and tasty broth with noodles, veggies and meat-of-choice, served with sprouts, Thai basil and lime wedges.  Some online reviews are not so impressive with the pho, but I like it (that's actually all I've ever tried at La-Cai) and until I find some I like better, I'm standing by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment