Monday, June 20, 2011

out of towners

Our friend Paul arrived in SLC Thursday night for a few days to visit with us, do some hiking and take as many wildlife photos as he could.  Friday was sunny and cool (low 70s), perfect for hiking - so H and Paul headed for the hills while I headed for work.  The plan was to meet up later since my former boss and her husband were in town for just one night, so we were all going to have a drink together.

Mountain Man Paul

There's still a ton of snow in the mountains of the Wasatch Front but H picked a trail that was nice and dry: Mt. Aire in Millcreek Canyon (H and I did Mt. Aire last year on 6/6/10).  They reported that the weather was perfect and the summit clear, with only patches of snow.

View from the top of Mt. Aire

I met up with my former boss and her husband and, after a stroll through Temple Square to see the sights, we met the guys at Bar X.  It was quiet when we got there, but when we left - my group to go to a very nice dinner at the 9th and 9th Mazza; H and Paul to go looking for moose - inside was filling up and the little sidewalk patio was quite full.

H and Paul went back up Emigration Canyon to where H had gone MTBing earlier in the week.  And, as I said before, that is definitely the place to find moose because they found another one.  Now I am WAY behind on my moose-viewing - going to have to do something about that.

The moose is loose

No comments:

Post a Comment