Tuesday, August 2, 2011

score

I'm not sure I should be sharing this with you, since I don't need the competition, but I'm guessing most of my readers don't live in SLC so it's okay.  I have girlfriends coming out to visit this weekend (yay!) and as part of planning what we might do, I thought that visiting Red Butte Garden might be fun.  I've never been there myself but it's supposed to be spectacular: a non-profit four-season botanical garden run by the University of Utah.  Adult admission is $8.00 ...

... unless you have what I've got, which is a Community Exploration Card that will allow me and three guests free admission to each of Red Butte Garden, the Museum of Natural History, the Museum of Fine Arts and Discovery Gateway Children's Museum.  We can go to each place only once, and it has to be in this month, and I can't get another card for six months.  There are eight of these CECs offered on the first of each month at every Salt Lake public library.  They're available on a first come/first served basis (no reservations) and, as you might imagine, are in pretty high demand.  I was waiting at the main library before 9:00 a.m. on Monday (along with the mass of great unwashed homeless who apparently surge into the library on a daily basis, looking for A/C in the summer and heat in the winter) and managed to snag the second one.  It's a great program and I'm glad I found out about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment