Wednesday, August 22, 2012

tropical dreams

Sorry about the abrupt falling-off in posting, y'all: H and I had a party to go to and a wedding to go to and thus didn't do anything post-worthy here.  We promise to Do Stuff this weekend and get right back on track.

One new thing I did try fairly recently, however, is a new-to-me ice cream shop, Tropical Dreams, in the 9th & 9th neighborhood of SLC.  I stopped by Tropical Dreams the other night when H was busy, and got myself some ice cream for dinner.  They've got a lovely and unusual selection of flavors:  coconut, ginger, mango, avocado, passion fruit-guava, lichee, plus more straightforward stuff.  I went with a scoop of ginger ice cream which was very good, but perhaps too rich for the 95-degree day we were having; I almost went with coconut and the mango sorbet looked marvelous.

Currently open for its third season, Tropical Dreams is open for the summertime only, sharing space with a handmade chocolate shop in the fall and winter.  I will be checking that out as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment