Friday, November 30, 2012

welcome to the neighborhood, joe

I prefer to shop at locally-owned businesses whenever I can (The King's English bookstore, Dancing Cranes Imports, Salt Lake Running Company, the Salt Lake Roasting Co., etc.), but I have to admit that I am thrilled that Trader Joe's finally opened in Salt Lake City today.  I used to love to shop at Trader Joe's when I lived in Boston (OMG that was the mid-90s ago); Portland, Maine, finally got theirs four months after we moved out here.  I'm going to wait for the hubbub to die down before I get over there - over 300 crazy consumers lined up at 6:30 a.m. today to be the first inside - but I am so looking forward to reacquainting my self with old favorites (cheese, chocolate, coffee, dried fruit, pot-stickers) and finding new ones.  Please note:  the SLC Trader Joe's sells 3.2 beer, but no wine due to Utah's liquor laws - alas, there will be no Two Buck Chuck in the Beehive State.

No comments:

Post a Comment