Friday, January 22, 2010

let's do lunch

When I lived back east, I hardly ever went out for lunch, preferring to bring my own and browse the interwebs or chat with coworkers.  That's still my preference in no small part because I'm cheap and I find lunch to be the least interesting meal of the day so why waste money on it.  However, I'm at a new job in a new city and it behooves me to accept lunch-out invitations when they are offered.  Here's where I've been since starting my job on 11/09/09:
  • Olive Bistro - Mediterranean bistro/wine bar at 57 West 200 South, SLC
  • Caffe Molise - modern Italian at 55 West 100 South, SLC (I had the portobello panini)
  • Bay Leaf Cafe - Southern and Asian cuisine at 159 So. Main St., SLC (I had bulgogi)
  • Cinegrill - mostly Italian with 1950s booths at 344 South 300 East, SLC (great minestrone!)
  • Benihana - at 165 S West Temple, SLC (can you believe I've never been to one of these before?)
  • Miramar - dive Mexican at 342 West 1300 South, SLC (shredded pork tamales with chile verde)
  • take out from Cafe Rio - Mexican chain (some sort of crispy chicken taco - meh)
I've got my eye on Himalayan Kitchen (my boss's favorite Indian place) so hopefully I'll be adding it to the list sometime in the near-ish future.  Lunch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment